Central Park

Central Park

The central park of Shymkent is one of the oldest parks, it is located at the intersection of Kazybek bi and Tauke Khan streets.

The history of the park goes back to 1886, when the inhabitants of Russkaya Slobodka, a district of Shymkent located southeast of the fortress, next to the Koshkar-Ata River, set up a public garden and called it Chernyaevsky. During the Soviet period, the park was called the Central Park of Culture and Leisure. The territory of the park is a green oasis in the city center. The old trees, planted here in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, still grow in the park (mainly oaks). Neatly trimmed lawn, flower beds, and beautifully maintained alleys make the park one of the best places for evening walks. The favorite resting place of several generations of citizens is decorated with a large, beautiful dandelion fountain. Inside the park, right behind the main entrance, there is a chess club, where at any time of the year you can meet citizens, mostly the older generation, playing chess.



Group materials